Backup your entire digital life with SOS Online

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

backup sos online cloud

If you want infinite cloud storage space with high-caliber security and minimal effort, check out SOS Online. TechSpot readers can get a 2 year unlimited storage subscription 67% off - for just $44.99.

If you are wondering about service quality SOS is a 5-year consecutive Editor’s Choice at PCMag, among others who have positively reviewed the cloud service. The subscription is good for 1 computer (Mac or PC) and unlimited mobile devices (iOS or Android). SOS encrypts all data with UltraSafe, SOS’s triple-layer privacy technology, can geo-locate and remotely wipe lost/stolen devices.

SOS Online typically costs $140 for 2 years, but you can currently save 67% at the TechSpot Store and get it for just $44.99.

Pro Tip: Sign up to get the latest offers from the TechSpot Store directly to your inbox. You can also receive the latest deals using the TechSpot Store RSS feed.

Permalink to story.

I probably would speak not for many people, but I hate attachments to digital junk, it's no better than a trash trailer some people would keep "just in case".

I have a mate who would take 1-2 thousand pictures on each of his monthly trips, and try to stash them on some cloud server, which in my book fits into the definition of a digital junkie.

So, when I read something like "Back up your entire digital life", I'm ready to puke, at the thought of people who think their digital crap is worth more than just $hit.

Impossible. I have a monthly cap limiting how much I could upload each month, without exceeding my monthly cap and ONLY using my bandwidth to upload to this one place would take, oh, roughly 70 months... And that's not including my Pron... So honestly what purpose would this serve me, even if I had unlimited bandwidth it would still take 130 days of constant uploading to get everything I have on to their servers.

Way to go VitalyT, you sure know how to put value on peoples personal photos, which you know have personal ties to the individual taking them. But that's not with $hit to you now is it...

I probably would speak not for many people, but I hate attachments to digital junk, it's no better than a trash trailer some people would keep "just in case".

You certainly have a point with that, hoarding stuff is not good, be it physically or digitally.

I have a mate who would take 1-2 thousand pictures on each of his monthly trips, and try to stash them on some cloud server, which in my book fits into the definition of a digital junkie.

200 pictures are memories, 2 thousand might be way too much. I've found myself bringing home 500 or more pictures of a trip only to be spending one or two hours selecting the worthy ones to keep.

So, when I read something like "Back up your entire digital life", I'm ready to puke, at the thought of people who think their digital crap is worth more than just $hit.

Well, that's you. I do have my fair share of printed photos, but still like to keep my vault of family memories on digital format. Just because I don't have them on paper doesn't mean they aren't worth a damn.

Back