Bad 3Dmark score after ClearCMOS (looking for help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a MSI K8N neo, yesterday I tried a setting in the Bios called "high performance settings" checked it, saved and exited. When it re-booted all it did was emit a high pitched beep and wouldn't go any further.

So..after no luck getting back to the bios I reset the Cmos back to default as per manual and this got me back in though I couldnt then boot up as the system couldnt seem to find the windows boot up info.

To cut a long story short, I re-formatted the drive re-installed windows and all relevent drivers to the current versions and once it was working set the bios to the optimised default settings, but... and here's my prob

It seems to be working ok but I tried benchmarking to see if it was set up ok with 3dmark 03 and i was scoring much less. Previously I'd been getting 12000+ now I'm getting 9900 odd.

So heres my question anyone got any ideas what could be causing this? I checked on the detailed results on the 3dmark an all seemed to be similar except the CPU which was now scoring 200 rather than 900 as previously.Any ideas of some Bios settings that would likely affect this... or does this sound like something buggered up in my ill advised setting to high performance mode?

Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please will you fill in your system specs in my.TSforum at the top of the page(click on edit profile) thanks.

If you right click my computer and selct properties you will see a screen that displays such things as your cpu type and speed check to see if your cpu is running at the correct speed.

It could be that your fsb in bios is not set correctly hence the drop in performance in the benchmark test.

Regards Howard

:wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back