Bad Bios recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dears,
I made something very stupid yesterday. I tried to update my BIOS on HP DV4 laptop after fishing the updated the pc gone to shutdown mode. When I press the power to turn On there is no display (no POST no BOOT ) just black screen .
I tried to: removed the battery memory module and pressing the power switch for 30 sec
But no rustle
Please help me what to do
Best regards,

Hello, you're really limited as to what your options are here. You can try calling HP and see if they can walk you through doing a crisis recovery sort of thing. It will entail a key combination that will enable the Boot Block portion of the BIOS chip (if it has one)

I went through this last month with my DV9000 model. I searched the web for a few weeks looking for some kind of solution. I ended up sending it to aqstech a repair shop in NY for a BIOS rescue service.

PS, the repair cost me $99 + shipping.

The problem in fixing a BIOS failure problem is that you need a working BIOS to fix it. The general rule is that if you have screwed up the BIOS, there is no way to repair it, except to replace the system board... or send it back to HP or an authorized HP repair center or someone who specializes in BIOS repairs... because you need somebody with special tools.
It will be expensive.
You may find a local whiz that is good at such repairs, but he or she may make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back