TechSpot

Bad Case?

By Zachariah
Aug 23, 2009
  1. So I've been building my new gaming rig as suggested by Rage here. I have almost everything with the exception of the RAM, graphics card, hard drive and optical drive. I got my motherboard on friday and wanted to give it a little test drive. However when I pushed the power button on my case it doesn't turn on. I know it's not my power supply since I hooked it up with my old system and it works fine and I also don't think it's my motherboard since I tried out my case's power switch with my old motherboard and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing or should I start contacting Antec to see if they'll send me a new switch?

P.S. : I also tried hooking the Reset SW into the PWR slot on my motherboard to see if that works and it doesn't.

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

double and triple check that you have the PWR and reset plugged in to the correct place Zach, that gets mis-wired more than anything else.

3. Zachariah

Zachariah TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 20

Yea I double checked my motherboard manual to make sure it's in the right place and it is.

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Probably a wiring fault. Contact Antec IMO.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.