Bad error, driving me nuts. Possibly corrupt file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody..

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this error (errors) in but I think they have something to do with a corrupt windows file or something.

I use Windows XP Proffesional SP1 and since one week now I have been getting errors.

When I'm busy gaming, it is possible my cursor just stays in the middle, but my actual cursor is invisible, then I get some errors and my computer freezes over. Yesterday was even the worst of all, I could see to the bottom of the sea, textures were missing, and textures were also screwed up with flashy colors.

It also happens in other applications, such as FireFox, or adobe photoshop... When this problems starts, some parts become invisible, graphics become invisible in firefox, windows in photoshop become invisible.. Eventually, they give an error, like a memory error and then the application shuts down. When I want to open it again, it says something similar to this e.g 'C:\program files\firefox\firefox.exe is not a valid Win32 application' and it also mentions DLL somewhere in it.

If anything of the above occurs, I need to reboot comp so it runs ok again for some minutes... But it really creeps me out and it's irritating as hell.

First I thought it might be a memory problem but I scanned with MemTest86 and it has given me no errors. Then we thought of a virus, but that isn't either the problem, so I went to my best's friend dad whose a computer mechanic and he thought it would be that my computer has to warm, now he did something with it yesterday so it istn't that warm anymore but the errors still occur.

Now I really getting mad at the dam computer and my mind has reached it's end of solutions, I can't think of anything else than it would be a corrupt file in windows.. And it would be kind if any of you know what it could be or what a possible solution is..

EDIT: Forgot to mention that like 10 minutes after I booted up the computer the cpu usage goes from 10% to 95%, again to 10%, low to high you see and after a little while it stays higher and higher. And just when one of those errors occured it is possible that I can't open up a single application anymore, not even taskmanager.

Thanks in advance,

Losten

Ok so I tho I found a newer driver, I tried to install it. And Now my previous driver got removed and this one doesn't want to install anymore because it says some other setup is progressing but there istn't :\ Now I'm ****ed and can't even play the most rediculous games anymore. Even scrolling in firefox now doesn't go smooth.

Click on Start/Run and type msconfig and click OK, any programs going there that shouldn't?
XP also lets you roll-back to the previous driver from within Device Manager/Display Adapter/Properties/Driver - Roll Back

Click on Start/Run and type sfc /scannowand click OK and keep your XP CD handy. This checks for corrupt/missing files.

possible causes: are virus or ram i tink memtest is not the best to test for rams working progresses.

some programs may be written with wrong codes so that they use cpu much then they need..(fe : Revconnect)

XP offers rollback option for hardware drivers as RealBlack mentioned

Ok thanks, so a window with a hardware wizard pops up from nowhere and I closed that then, and the driver got installed..

I did run sfc /scannow and it already found 1 corrupt file I need to replace with my CD, I'm going to search for my CD tomorow so I can fix that.

Greenflash: It could possible be what you say of the cpu speed. So I'm going to check wheter there is a program running like that..

Thanks to you both :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back