Bad Image error on Windows Vista... please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

novasmack

Hey all! I've got myself a problem.
I recently purchased a game, and every time I try to run it, I get a "bad Image" error. The msg reads "not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". I contacted the software company, and they told me I must have a bad copy, so I exchanged it for a new one with the same results. This same error also occured when I tried to load up a demo of a different title. I'm at a loss as to what is going on or how to fix it. Please help! I'm running Windows Vista home premuim if that helps at all. Thanks!

novasmack said:
The msg reads "not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error".

It should say a file name in front of that. For example, "Explorer.exe is not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error"

If there, what is the file

One thing you can try if it is in fact an image file. Is to extract all the files from the .img file in to a HDD directory.

"C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_33.dll" is the file name. It a mystery to me. I'm not much of a computer expert, I'm really at a loss of how to fix this one. Any suggestion helps, thanks!

I thought there was a driver released that was supposed to fix that little problem there...

the game is "bioshock". I am actually am able to run dx10, and I did notice the msg alluded to something dx9 and thought that was strange. Anyway, I'll try out those solutions. Hopefully I can report back with good news!

Give them a try... I am in the middle of something right now- sorry......4 kids!!!!! There is a fix for Bio, I have the info on it, just have to deal with things in order...

I tried downloading the directx update, still getting the same bad image message. If you know of a fix for bioshock, I would be a greatful pc gamer!

OK, I am back... I have a link up and coming... I am waiting for a call back from a friend... I do need to know, are you running 64 bit or 32??? This is important...

OK, although I have not had the same probs as you I do know a lot of other geeks. Plus I am a all out gamer(that is out of control) I got a call back from my brother in law who not only games but does stuff for MS.. follow this link, read and even if you do not understand, follow the ins..... I really hope this helps- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the file and installed it, but the problem is still the same. Im still stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back