Bad pool caller... and other freezes. New(ish) laptop!

Okay hello I'm dan. new to these forums. anyways im a 'simple' computer tech, i can change memory replace hardware remove viruses etc. I'm having a problem I cannot fix. I get the blue screen BAD POOL CALLER, and it automatically restarts RANDOMLY. i jus recently learned that i can disable this autorestart to get a better grasp of exactly what code it displays before it quickly disappears..

Now.. internet points to a bad memory stick. Dell latitude d630. Now the laptop i happen to have has a normal so-dimm memory slot on the bottom, and a seperate one under the keyabord... I would like to avoid taking the whole keyboard apart to try to change the 1 memory stick.

However- i ran memtestx86 through 1 full pass and it detected NO errors. Now, sometimes when I'm playing music or using resources it literally FREEZES.. like if my musics playing itll freeze on the exact note and go ~pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.~ until i shut it off manually..

this is a vista i recently upgraded to 7 ultimate, and i've never had this problem before. I located the .dmp (minidump?) file... its about 150 megs... im not sure how to view it... or if i should upload it or if you guys can help me out. ALSO, this may be unrelated, but my speakers sound a little crappy when i turn it up.. but im not too concerned about this. I upgraded all the drivers and it still happens. I try to do windows updates and it freezes on "net framework 4 security update" or something like that.. i had to manually install net framework (offline installation) and now i cannot update it.

I've switched from xp to 7, done this a million times. I jus bought this laptop off of ebay and I would like to get it going..

2 gig ram
2.0 ghz dual core duo

I'm not sure how to handle it from here if someone can guide me please i would greatly appreciate it.... and btw.. doesn't it suck it has 2 seperate memory slots ;) . I desperately do not want to remove the 1 under the keyboard..

So... when i get out of work ill disable that restart on crash setting and write down the exact error: "00000cx" etc .

however... im not sure what to do with the .dmp file if that will even help. ALSO. sometimes I startup the computer and it acts funky- the start bar wont work or something n then i restart and it works fine... please someone help... oh btw... i LOADED up the memory opened 100 firefoxs and stuff and it was fine- then i opened another program and cant remeber what it was, and it froze... Damn. thanks a lot guys!

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* The rule on Memtest is that one must run for a minimum of 7 Passes; the more after 7 the better unless you receive errors prior and then you run it per stick.

nice

thanks so much for the speedy response.. in your short reply you've already taught me a lot... someone give this person a gold star

furthermore.. im at work.. expect me to upload the file and results and RERUN a memtest for 7 runs at around 9:15. ill upload the dump file(s) at that time.. thank you so much.

here

heres my dumps... now im starting the all nite mem test... thank u so much... first im gonna registry clean.

Attachments

• New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip
    48.3 KB · Views: 1
First, we here at TechSpot strongly urge that Registry cleaners and fixers be avoided because we have found that they cause a ton of harm while providing very little benefit.

Second the one minidump file that gave us something definitive as the cause of your issues is 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT This memory management error is usually hardware related.

It specifically cited memory corruption as the issue.

hey. thanks a lot for reply'n.... thi particular model has 2 memory slots.... one on the bottom of my laptop... one under the keyboard ;).. now i know ur gonna say that im nuts.. no man.. it has 2 diff places where the so-dimm goes in ;).... now... i replaced the one on the BOTTOM of the laptop.. slot B.... i didnt touch the 1 under the keyboard whch contains a 1 gig... the one under the keyboard i put a 2 gig in..

my gf reports, it freezed completely (which is weird for windows 7) any suggestions? havent seen the blue screen in a day or two tho... "not shutting off rght dan" she said.

now.. i ran 4 passes of memtest86 and no errors... 4 intercations or w/e i cant remember that othetr word on the left but no erros... and idk if its fixed or why its freezing

note- the sound used to be cracklin now its not...were glad of that but idk y?

i hate how theres 2 DIFF ram slots, one under the keyboard, one on the bottom of the laptop... in these dell latitude models.... if ida knew that i wouldnt've bought it...

No, I don't think your nuts because for some reason certain laptop manufactures do such a thing and usually one of them is a bear to get to. If I read you correctly, you have one gig in one slot and two gigs in another, right? Your system may not like that configuration at all and thus the issues. try running with just the one gig stick and see how it runs. And then just run it with the two gig stick. What are the results.

Also, what does the manual say about how much memory it can run?

well-

well it used to have 1 gig in each.. the easy to get to slot i put a 2 gig in... n like i sed i ran memtest86 and for 5 passes no errors... is there anything else i can do.. no more blue screen i guess but still strange errors... freezes here n there (n i meant complete freezes) maybe i should take that 1 thats hard to get to out and put the 2gig that i konw works in it.. that way i never have to worry bout it.. wutchya think

GRRRR right as i was typin that i had a strange freeze and the mouse disappeared nothin worked..... luckily it actually unfroze that time for once.... makes me mad.

Your system may not like 2 gigs in one slot. Again, what does Dell say about memory configuration for this particular model? You will be able to find the manual/specs online.

Also, as stated in a previous post Memtest needs to run a minimum of 7 Passes and the more after that the better.

Back