Bad Processor or Case wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys here is what im working with to let you know right from the start :
MOBO = ABIT IP35
CPU = Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775
RAM = G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Video Card = 8800GTS
PSU = 600W Ultra X-Finity

Well I hooked everything up wired correctly and what not i go to push the power button on case and nothing happens at all, no fans start nothing. Led light on mobo is lit , i thought is was PSU i swapped a working 680W in and same thing happens. Question is, is the cpu doa, or is the power button wire faulty on the case? I tested everything else on friends computer except cpu, he has same set up as me and his computer boots up.

to test if it is the case ... use a screw driver but be very careful an touch the two pins on the mobo that the power switch is to be connected to ... make sure an confirm that u are usin the power on pins.... an remember be very careful this will simulate the power switch of the case

I go with Tedster. Sticking things in there to jump terminals is kinda risky. Might work for your car but the PC is a delicate machine.

I had the same prob but mine would not POST. It would just pwer the light s on the DVD Drive and the card reader. Afetr swapping PS, VGA, Clearing CMOS, Undoing the EIDE cables and refitting them, etc, etc. I am getting a RMA MoBo. from Newegg.

Make sure the 12V connection is hooked up and check your front panel connections at the motherboard.
Also make sure the rocker switch on the PS is in the on postition.

i think i'll go with the idea that the mobo is actually dead on arrival. replace the mobo and if that doesn't do it, you can be pretty darn sure it's your processor. unfortunately i think that's really the easiest way to tell if it's the board or the processor. something about this tells me it's the mobo though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back