Bad sound driver error:88780078

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i have a problem for some while with my sound i have realtek ac97, the problem first started when i was watching a movie and slowlly the sound was starting to disintegreate(dont know how to discribe it sry my english is bad), and then i had no more sound.....and my pc rebooted.... After i started my pc i had perfect sound for about 5-10 min. and then my pc will reboot again, i tried reinstalling the sound driver but nothing happens my volume icon is gone, i had to desable the sound from bios so i could use the pc. I reinstalled windows(XP SP2) and now i cant install the sound driver in any form.Please help!

you can't install the driver now because it's disabled in BIOS. if i were you i would just spend a little bit of money on a dedicated sound card; keep the integrated SPU disabled. or, if you want to give it another shot post your motherboard's specs and we can direct you to the latest version audio drivers for it. if installing the latest driver doesn't help, uninstall it and re-disable it; go out and buy a sound card... you will have better sound quality that way anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back