Bad Static With My Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'M A SMALL TIME DJ AND I USE A DELL 9300 & 6000 WITH iTUNESTO PLAY MY MUSIC (LAPTOP TO MIXER OUT TO THE SPEAKERS) AND I'M GETTING STATIC THOROUGH THE SPEAKER WHEN MY POWER CORD IS PLUGGED INTO THE LAPTOP AND WHEN I UNHOOK THE POWER CORD IT CLEARS UP, THAT WITH THE 9300. ON THE 6000 IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE POWER CORD IS HOOKED UP OR NOT, I STILL HAVE BAD STATIC. IS DELL LAPTOP BAD ABOUT THIS OR DO I HAVE SOME OTHER PROBLEM. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATFUL.

when you have a laptop hooked up to a mixer (pluged in to mains power), it will cause the static or buzz because mainly due to the ground issue (laptops are DC converted from AC current - there is no ground to help unwanted electricity off the laptop) and when its running on battery there is no ground to cause any issue..

the 6000 i dont know about (exactly) but maybe check the connection/cable/plug..

oh yeh.. dont forget to check caps lock :)

It does sound like a grounding issue (pun intended). But if the 6000 is doing it with or without AC adaptor then I suggest it's in your audio connections. You must have a bad ground connection somewhere. Try hooking up one channel at a time and use various combinations of your cables to complete the connection and then check for static. Now repeat on the other channel until you find the bad connector/patch cord.

I'm assuming you keep the polarity correct to each speaker. Black to black and red to red. If the speakers aren't indicated then just maintain the same connection type. As in Black to left terminal, Red to right terminal through out all the speakers.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back