Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD

Wolfyy

Having to write this on my phone because whenever I browse the web I get this error. I just recently built my gaming computer barely over one week ago and everything is running smoothly except for this one error. Normally I can figure out and fix any issues but I've tried everything.

1. All my drivers are up to date
2. Bios is up to date
3. Couldn't find any conflicting drivers
4. Haven't deleted any OS essential files that I'm aware of.
5. I don't overclock

I've narrowed the error down to occurring while browsing using chrome or any web browser, the BSOD doesn't occur while gaming for some reason but background music, YouTube, or just browsing will cause it.

I tried to get the minidump files but sending them to a compressed zipped folder gives me an error message (file not found or no read permission) even though I'm the admin.

Computer specs:
Processor intel core i7-7700 3.6 VHS
Disk drives Samsung ssd 850 evo 250gb 1tb hdd
Graphics card nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 6gb
Ram 2 8gb d4 2400
Psu corsair cxm 650 watt

So.. I couldn't compress the dump files because of their location (not sure why) so I copied them and compressed them. The problem is I can't upload the dmp files. Cause when I go online I get the bsod

I had to get rid of some of the files because it was too large of a folder.

Attachments

• 051017-4296-01.zip
    367.3 KB · Views: 2
Off the top, I would do a clean install of your motherboard chipset audio driver and check for possibility of updated BIOS which I might install if audio issues are referenced.

How would I do a clean install of that? And I'm pretty sure it said my bios is up to date but I'll have to check it again. Audio issues referenced where exactly?

BSOD - "background music, YouTube, or just browsing will cause it. "

chipset/motherboard drivers - clean install / updated versions may be available from motherboard support
BIOS - still worth check - might list 'audio' as an issue

Mmk I'll do my best to check and do that. And when I said background music I meant like streaming Spotify etc (still using browser) if it makes any difference. Thanks, I'll post an update

BSOD - "background music, YouTube, or just browsing will cause it. "

chipset/motherboard drivers - clean install / updated versions may be available from motherboard support
BIOS - still worth check - might list 'audio' as an issue
Ok so my drivers are definitely up to date including bios, ive been using internet explorer running Spotify for at least a good hour w/o issues. I'm not sure its an audio issue but I cant 100% rule it out either.

People don't really help on these forums do they...? well, it seems that I'm able to use internet explorer just fine so it must be some compatibility issues with the other web browsers. Maybe some resources they use that conflict with the system? I'm not sure how it all works. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also have 5 other minidump files I can upload that didn't fit the first time, if requested I'll post those. I don't personally know how to read them to find out the issue.

The problem is that BSOD and minidumps are intended for the developer - not us ordinary human beings.

Minidumps can be read by various utilities (some free)..typically the answer is inconclusive..for yours it indicates possible problems with ndis.sys, netio.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys.

The difficulty is figuring out WHY these problems appear...candidates are:
- bad media for installing OS
- electrical problem causing corrupted files
- incompatible hardware
- incompatible drivers
- failing hardware (in this case: RAM, HDD and network card could be in difficulty)

To complicate this, you are the reporter - your eyes and ears tell us what you are experiencing as issues - hands on is much easier, especially if you've built or fixed a hundred or so PCs.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...tcpipsys/312bb420-5156-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 for full discussion with suggestions.

The problem is that BSOD and minidumps are intended for the developer - not us ordinary human beings.

Minidumps can be read by various utilities (some free)..typically the answer is inconclusive..for yours it indicates possible problems with ndis.sys, netio.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys.

The difficulty is figuring out WHY these problems appear...candidates are:
- bad media for installing OS
- electrical problem causing corrupted files
- incompatible hardware
- incompatible drivers
- failing hardware (in this case: RAM, HDD and network card could be in difficulty)

To complicate this, you are the reporter - your eyes and ears tell us what you are experiencing as issues - hands on is much easier, especially if you've built or fixed a hundred or so PCs.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...tcpipsys/312bb420-5156-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 for full discussion with suggestions.
Ohh, I understand now, thank you for your help. Well, I haven't had a single BSOD since switching to internet explorer so there's that.

I will do that right now, thank you for the idea, it would be amazing if something as simple as that could fix such an annoying issue.

So I've been using Internet Explorer just fine, cleaned and reapplied new thermal paste and everything was going just fine for a long while. Today while playing a non-intensive game that doesn't use internet my computer crashed once again. Now I have absolutely no idea what it could be.

Edit: I believe it's the driver associated with MSI KIller Ethernet but I've already updated to the latest so I'm not sure

Last edited:
Back