Bad_pool_caller c2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotmilt

I've been receiving this error for a while now. I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows, and have continued getting the error, which makes me think it's faulty RAM, but I've run Memtest 86+ 7+ times for my two sticks of RAM separately and 6 times with them together, without getting any errors.

I've attached my minidumps. Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Every one of your errors according to the texts you attached are 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

* What security software are you running? have you scanned for infections?

I am running ZoneAlarm Security Suite, which has not given me this problem in the last 1 1/2 years I've been using it.

I also dont think it's virus or driver-related since I was getting the problem before I reformatted my computer, and have thus erased any viruses (I think??) and reinstalled all the latest drivers.

The only problem I can think of other than RAM issues is that perhaps one of the updates to my software has caused this problem, although I am not sure how this is possible.

Almost always a hardware or a hardware driver issue of some kind... can be caused when a hardware item is going bad... even an optical drive... but it is usually in the registry, rather than a direct driver problem...
Have you possibly deleted an item in the registry or overwritten it, in advertently....
Usually, this is a slow process of editing your registry with something like RegClean, looking for ideas on something else you have installed or removed...
Any yellow or red flags in the Device Manager?
Our most recent Bad Pool Coller error was found lurking in a Console Root of Component Services of Administrative Tools in the Control Panel in the section Services (Local). a simple printer startup error... took us three days to find it... but it was so simple that we could have misssed it for weeks.
A reinstall would not fix it. It required a hand edit.
Good luck.

No flags in the device manager (unless you count an intentionally disabled ethernet adapter).

I have d/l CCleaner and am going to run that. Other than that, I have not deleted any registry entries since reformatting my hdd, although I do admittedly use Revo Uninstaller, which deletes registry entries.

If it helps to diagnose, I also sometimes get "Insufficient system resources" errors and my Task Manager wont start, nor many other programs. This happens either right before the BSOD, or sometimes I am able to restart my computer without anything happening. When I am able to restart, the shutdown windows look kinda retro, like windows 2000 or something.

We don't have any specific reason to say this, but based on experience, I suspect the Revo Uninstaller has a part in this... and ugly part.

It's been a couple weeks since I first installed Revo Uninstaller, but I feel like I was having the problem before I ever installed it. I uninstalled it anyway since CCleaner has an uninstall tool. Running CCleaner on my registry did not fix the problem, though.

Well, it's been several days since I uninstalled Revo Uninstaller and I haven't run into any BSOD, and I've pushed my computer pretty hard several times. So it was either that, or something to do with CCleaner.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back