Not open for further replies.

OblivionMage

Hello, I have a system with;
xpsp2:home
667mhz 2gb(2x1gb) Kingmax
320gb Seagate
E-6600@2.4ghz
P5B-PCI-E

Recently I have been getting both Bad_Pool_Caller bluescreen STOP errors, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I have run memtests and uninstalled programs/reinstalled drivers and the problem still persists. I have attatched a dump from one of the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA errors, I could also send in a hijack this log. These errors happen randomly, not at startup but when I am using the computer and seem to happen no matter what programs I use, except they do not happen at all in safemode. I have tried system restore, but this problem has been happening maybe once every two weeks for a little over a month, it only recently really came to my attention, so unless I restored to a couple months back (I only installed windows on this machine 4 months ago) I doubt it would do anything.

Attachments

• Mini122207-16.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 6
If you have anymore minidumps it would be a big help. However, the one you did provide points to vsdatant.sys which is a driver for Zone Alarm.

Your error is an 0xC2 BAD_POOL_CALLER which means a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

In this case it is vsdatant.sys of ZA.

You are the second one in recent days who has had this issue.

I can post a whole bunch more logs (I have tons, over 10 at least) of problems. Currently adding the rest of the logs...

Should I try reinstalling/uninstalling ZoneAlarm perhaps? If so, then I would need to find another firewall to use, although my DLink E-601 has a firewall I don't know how good it is.

Cheers, (Will edit post with some more error logs)

Zonealarm crashing with bugcheck C2 is a known problem. So yes, uninstall it and look for another firewall.

Ok, I uninstalled zonealarm and installed Comodo's v3.0 firewall. If I get any more crashes I will post.

Edit: WOW! Comodo firewall is great! Considering it is free, has an incredible community, and has tons of easily configurable features, much smaller memory footprint, made my computer much faster, and best of all, does not cause bsods ;P

Hey, OblivionMage, thanks for update/feedback and I am glad it is working out for you. I have seriously considered downloading and installing Comodo 3.0 but I wasn't sure how "user friendly" it is to install and tweak.

Any issues yet with this firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back