bar888...help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently downloading DivX to play certain movies on the internet, I was referred a program that also helped it become more efficient, little did I know was that I downloaded a program that contained malicious software. I have come to find that I have bar888. I use firefox and now my IE is constantly popping up with ads. I tried to delete the program from the "uninstall" button the toolbar but it gives me an error message saying that that certain action can not be completed. I have also tried deleting it from Add/Del programs but no such luck.

If anyone can help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi stanthelovebot and welcome to techspot. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of stanthelovebot only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back