TechSpot

Barebone problem

By pixelfaerie08
Oct 25, 2006
  1. I'm building a computer and the model I have has a atx 2.01 version "Exchangeable" I/O shield. The problem is..I can't get it off! It seems like it's glued or something but i cant get it off at all. I've pushed, pulled, it won't come off.If I dont replace it, then my motherboard can't go in. Help pls!

2. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 595

A barebone? you dont need a motherboard in a barebone.

3. dmill89

dmill89 TS Guru Posts: 475

Have you tried a hammer or other blunt object? I have seen some I/O sheilds that were in so tight that they required a hammer to remove. I have yet to see any case where the I/O sheild could not be removed with some force. If your replaceing the sheild with the one that came with the motherboad don't be too woried about damageing the one from the case.

Although many berebones come with the motherboard installed into the case. I have seen some where the motherboard ships with the case but is not yet installed.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

All my purchased Barebone systems have had the motherboards installed, but a hammer and screwdriver might still be needed once in awhile

5. pixelfaerie08

pixelfaerie08 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Barebone question

Hi again,

OK I got past the I/O shield problem (I pulled it with the back of a hammer lol) anyway, I pretty much got the rest of the kit going and now im stuck again. In the instructions of the kit it says install chassis fans.

Here is the kit i got : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2466291&Sku=I69-2111%20E

It didnt come with a chassis fan that I know of, so do I need one for this kit? if so, where do I put it?? Your help is very much appreciated :)

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Threads merged.

7. pixelfaerie08

pixelfaerie08 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Anyone know??

8. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

How to install chassis fans? Get a screwdriver that fits the supplied screws. These screws are usually short fat thick threaded screws that go though holes in the case into the plastic holes in the fans. The front fan blows air into the case, the rear fan blows air to the outside

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.