TechSpot

Barnes & Noble officially debuts Nook e-reader

By Matthew
Oct 21, 2009
  1. Barnes & Noble has officially unveiled its new "Nook" e-book reader today, and it's shaping up to be quite the contender for Amazon's Kindle. The Nook features a dual-screen display, which is comprised of a 6" E-ink screen and a color capacitive touchscreen for navigation.

Read the whole story

2. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 978   +87

I saw a Sony eReader on display once. I don't recall if it had a speech friendly name like Kindle or Nook. The display was clear and easy to read for sure, but it's usefulness was in question. It would take many seconds to change page views. I think how quickly I can change a page with paper, and just get frustrated with a device that responds so slowly. I'm not sure if I was witnessing a limitation of the CPU or display, but it needed improving. I'm curious what the impressions of response will be with this Nook book. And, backed by AT&T - does that mean contract?

3. A Nookie book, perfect for those steamy novels!

4. Vicenarian

Vicenarian TS Enthusiast Posts: 100   +9

Next headline:

DRM for E-Books...

or does such a thing already exist?

5. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,168   +37

Ah, but can it compete with Kindle's seven shades of gray?

6. I hope the screen in sturdier than on the kindle, I broke mine after 3 weeks and had to send it to a third party place to get it fixed http://www.portatronics.com/index.php?cat=c87_Ebook-Readers.html. I think they should make those portable devices more ruggedized, since they're intended lugged around and prone to be in bags with other stuff or exposed to water.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.