TechSpot

basic linux

By bighead(kor)
Aug 14, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K. i dled a basic format of linux from ubuntu. But i only have 2 screens, i cant do what the kool people do (the four screen thing =D ), and it looks really cheap. Am i supposed to download something ontu linux? XGL or something? can anyone give directions or sometin?

(1 hour later)

some people helping would really be great! *Tries to attract attention to thread*

by the way, i burned ubuntu ontu a CD, and whenever i try logging into ubuntu it never works, it either freezes or just... glitches causing me to get annoyed. Does anyone have any help to give, or any comments to say? i would like to ask for any programs to install into ubuntu, im kinda new to the whole linux thing >.<
  2. mxer108

mxer108 TS Rookie Posts: 44

are you talking about how you can spin the screen around to four different sides?
  3. bighead(kor)

bighead(kor) TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

sorta xD and all the other kool affects
  4. mxer108

mxer108 TS Rookie Posts: 44

ok well i know the thing you spin your desktop around on is called beryl so look it up and install it lol.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.