Batman: Arkham Knight finally returns to PC this week

Scorpus

Staff member

Remember the disaster that was the Batman: Arkham Knight launch on PC? Gamers who attempted to play the title when it was originally released on June 23rd found a litany of bugs and performance issues, causing publisher WB Games to suspend sales of the PC version a day later.

Come September, developer Rocksteady Studios released an interim patch that reportedly addressed many of the issues with the game, while also introducing new graphics settings and support for multi-GPU systems. The game wasn't put back on sale at that point, but it was the start of WB Games' attempts at repairing the disastrous launch.

Over the weekend, WB Games announced that Arkham Knight would be re-released on PC this week: on October 28th at 10am PDT, to be precise. Alongside the re-release, a major patch will be launched that "brings the PC version fully up-to-date with content that has been released for console (with the exception of console exclusives)."

If you have the Arkham Knight season pass, the patch will bring a whole ton of new story missions, as well as new skins and tracks for the batmobile. For standard owners of the game, the new content includes a Photo Mode and some other minor features.

It's not clear how much WB Games will be charging gamers for Batman: Arkham Knight when it returns to retailers such as Steam, but considering the nature of game publishers, expect to pay full price (at least initially).

Permalink to story.

And what will they do for the people who bought the game and haven't been able to play? Do they get anything? It's dispicable, the whole thing.

After removing the game from Steam several voices, pointing to a physical game store, talk about free Seasson Pass / free game as a compensation. Until now we get a lousy port with very short DLCs, like the ones in the preorder, Harley & Red Hood. As a sign WB should sing a big SORRY, of course big companies never do that unless they forced to.

"but considering the nature of game publishers, expect to pay full price".
What blasphemy is this?
My days of paying full price for games have long since come to an end and even when I've paid half price for them I'm usually sour at being ripped off. 20/25%? Now that's my style. It sometimes takes a while but I don't mind.
I'd pay half price for GTA V but I'm still waiting for it to get there, I'm patient when it comes to waiting for game prices to drop.

Even though I didn't buy the game (got a copy from a friend who bought 2 cards), WB still has a permanent spot on my s**t list, alongside Sega, Capcom, and Konami.

I'm actually very surprised that there were no lawsuits from people or interactions from the FTC over this that actually made a lot of headroom–unless they're ungodly slow

"but considering the nature of game publishers, expect to pay full price".
What blasphemy is this?
My days of paying full price for games have long since come to an end and even when I've paid half price for them I'm usually sour at being ripped off. 20/25%? Now that's my style. It sometimes takes a while but I don't mind.
I'd pay half price for GTA V but I'm still waiting for it to get there, I'm patient when it comes to waiting for game prices to drop.

Same here! I posted on another article recently about not paying more than $20 for a game since forking over $110 to EA for BF3 and all its expansions. I don't do multiplayer any more, so it's not hurting me to wait a year or more for price drops, sales, etc. (Plus my aging dual-core hardware can't handle some of the newer stuff).

Same here! I posted on another article recently about not paying more than $20 for a game since forking over $110 to EA for BF3 and all its expansions. I don't do multiplayer any more, so it's not hurting me to wait a year or more for price drops, sales, etc. (Plus my aging dual-core hardware can't handle some of the newer stuff).
My sentiments exactly. I don't play multiplayer games at all so I couldn't be bothered with them. I buy games for the single player campaign alone and it has to be worth it.
I received my 10 year membership badge from Steam a while back and looking at my profile I'm impressed by the number of friends I've made in that time... Zero.

I'm wondering how long will it take for the game to go on sale after the re-release. Maybe it's a good idea to buy it now (I've seen it as low as 9,95 EUR / ~$11 in some places) before it goes full price again.

I've found:

"Reddit user BakingBatman has reported some interesting news about Batman: Arkham Knight PC version, which has been removed from online stores and won't be back until Warner Bros. fixes it. According to this user, the publisher has informed a local store (called GameShop) to follow a series of steps regarding the game, among which we can find the reshipping of all the copies in store and the delivery of a Season Pass or another WBIE game to those who don't want

BakingBatman states he has seen an official email of the publisher, that was sent to all the physical retailers currently selling Batman: Arkham Knight PC copies. This email says:

All physical copies need to be taken down from the shelves
Anyone who purchased a PC copy from that store, and has the receipt, is elligible for a full refund (not store credit, game change, full refund in cash)
All physical copies that the store has needs to be shipped back to the publisher.
Anyone who doesn't refund the game accepts the purchase and is elligible for a free Season Pass or a free Warner Bros. game from a list

Shipping back to the publisher all the unsold copies would mean the publisher needs to work on another build of the game, manufacture all over again and send the new copies to retailers. Which implies, of course, high costs and underlines how much dangerous the copies that were sent to the stores actually are, maybe for reasons we can't even guess.

Please remember this is just a rumor until Warner Bros. confirms it through official statements. Until then, what's your take on this news?
"

Well just a few hours to know.

Back