Battlefied 2: Special Forces & my x1950 PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

freythman

I've been having some issues on BF2:SF since I installed my new Sapphire X1950 PRO. On the night maps, the gun appears white in certain (most) lighting conditions. Also, the textures on some of the buildings tend to just turn black. It's driving me nuts. I've got ATI Drivers 7.4 and 1.4.1 patch for BF2. Any ideas?

Have you checked to see if the card is overheating or not? How much are the idle and gaming temperatures? This sounds like heat-related artifacting.

I haven't thought about that. What are some normal temps?

Here are my results with ATI Tray Tools:

Idle: ~48 C
Game: Immediately Jumped to 60 C, then crawled up to 72 C where it averaged.

Is that high/low/average?

I have an aftermarket cooler on mine, and I'm getting an idle of 39, jumps to 49, and climbs to 57 (after 5 mins, might have gone up more).

But then, its an aftermarket cooler. Hope those numbers helped.

Forgot that its overclocked too.

72C is an extremely high temp. I would suggest upgrading the cooler on it, and if your computer case does not have all optional fan areas filled I would add fans to them.

I heard somewhere that 60 c was pushing it..

Does this happen in all games? or just the one?

maybe drivers?

In my experiance artifacts dont seem to inhabit 1 item (Eg white gun.)
They tend to draw black squiggly things around the screen and stuff..

By the way.. yes i overclock to much :)

72C is not at all high for an X1950PRO. That card is supposed to run that hot. My X1900s go upto ~84C under full load with watercooling and the maximum operating temperature for them is 110C. I'm more inclined to think it's a driver problem. Try reverting to older drivers.

That is the normal operating temps, thats for sure.

I just happen to own the biggest GPU aftermarket coolers around (takes up 2 extra PCI slots, big enough for you?)

And even with that, I'm getting 57C load.... and overclocking is absolutely crap on this card, as I can't get it to be stable much higher than 10% overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back