Battlefield 1 Beta starts today, get your Nvidia drivers here

Jos

Staff

The Battlefield 1 open beta doesn't officially start until tomorrow, but some Battlefield Insider members can start playing today -- if you signed up for the free program by August 21 you should receive a code for the beta in your inbox today. The open beta will be available to users on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, so to get the proper code you must choose your platform in the Battlefield Insider website if you haven’t already.

The download is around 7.10GB on PC and includes the Sinai Desert map, which features horseback combat, planes, tanks and the armored train "behemoth" vehicle. There are two modes in the beta, Conquest and Rush, and if you reach rank 15 and play on at least four different days, you will unlock a "Battlefield 1 Beta Dog Tag" which will be delivered to your account when the game launches on October 21.

Battlefield 1 takes players all the way back to the First World War and will see the return of the standard Assault and Support classes, along with the new Medic, Scout, Pilot and Tank classes. Matches can support up to 64 players.

Those with Nvidia graphics cards can download the latest GeForce 372.70 drivers, which are tuned for the Battlefield 1 beta, as well as World of Warcraft: Legion, and the Steam release of Quantum Break. The update also enables Nvidia's Fast Sync feature for Maxwell graphics cards and includes a fix for the DPC latency issue plaguing some Pascal graphics cards in multi-GPU setups. Head to our drivers section to get them.

Permalink to story.

I got my invite this morning, but I'm not all that excited due to it being an EA title. The last few BF games I played all had micro-transactions to unlock weapon bundles and it ruined the game for me. I really just want the new Unreal tournament!

I got my invite this morning, but I'm not all that excited due to it being an EA title. The last few BF games I played all had micro-transactions to unlock weapon bundles and it ruined the game for me. I really just want the new Unreal tournament!
The microtransactions in BF4 didn't really affect anything though.

If you don't agree with the practice, like me, don't buy them. The people who do buy them are usually terrible players, and or also don't play probably more than 40+ hours. If you give a terrible player the most overpowered thing in a game, they still get destroyed by anyone else. It's not like a F2P game where there's a pay wall between everyone and actually good gear at least.

The microtransactions in BF4 didn't really affect anything though.

If you don't agree with the practice, like me, don't buy them. The people who do buy them are usually terrible players, and or also don't play probably more than 40+ hours. If you give a terrible player the most overpowered thing in a game, they still get destroyed by anyone else. It's not like a F2P game where there's a pay wall between everyone and actually good gear at least.
There was a pretty significant grind for some of the better weapons though.

Remember to check your spam just in case

Yea. Nothing yet. Hmm... I'm sure there's a ton of people trying to get in the day before though. Oh well, tough ****. lol

Edit: I recently found this:

"Battlefield Insider members get early access, and if you sign up by August 21, you can join them as some of the first people in the world to play the Battlefield 1 Open Beta. If you've already signed up, make sure you go to the Battlefield Insider Page and select your platform preference, otherwise you won’t get a code to play early."

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-dates

So that means I wont get it, or....?

Last edited:
I was curious, then I looked at what they want for this game... $80 for the standard edition, $100 for the deluxe which comes with a couple skins, battle packs and early access... And then there's the bend over and take it in the arse edition for $165, because that's totally reasonably priced. PASS

You can get the code no matter what. Simply contact EA support. They will give you the code. I did sign up before Aug. but like many no code ever came. So I went to EA and they took care of it, less than 5 mins. They simply added it to my Origin account, no need for a code.
They did this for a friend who was Insider but he only did the beta last night. EA still gave him the code.

Game is fun. Is it anything special, not really but I like BF series.

I think one hacker was found, was just raking up kills. Player went 44-0.

Many player including myself have reported when launching the game you only see a black screen which loads no futher. The fix which worked for myself and others is to run the game as administrator. It's been fun so far, lots of bugs/ glitches but that's what beta is for!!

Should be renamed to: Battlefront WW1

EA is taking the franchise into the wrong, more casual direction.

I've played Battlefield loads over the years, You can check my Origin account, I've got over 400 hours in Battlefield 3 and 4, Not even hit 100 hours in Hardline because it was terrible.

Bad Company 2 was when I really got into the Battlefield series, I played that loads, must have been a good 500 hours or more.

So after the mess of the Battlefield 4 launch, the terrible Hardline and the mass of generic "Near Future" warfare we've got accustomed to, Battlefield 1 is actually very good.

The weapons are more Battlefield 3 which is a good thing, means that they actually feel weighty, The Vehicles are satisfying, The graphics are fantastic, we now have animations to get into vehicles, the anti-tank cannon are especially satisfying, full animation of loading the thing was just a nice touch.

Melee needs to be toned down, it's too easy to just hide behind doors or turn around and charge people who are shooting at you and insta-kill them even though you were on 3 health because they were filling your body with bullets.

Sniping is possibly the best it's been in a long time, and shotguns, Rush mode is back! and works! Unlike Battlefield 4 were it's just rubbish.

Overall Battlefield 1 is shaping up to be one of the better games in the Battlefield franchise. If anyone can be bothered, if you've played the beta, I would be interested to hear what you thought. Did you think Vehicles were overpowered? Did you find Sniping too easy? Is the spawn timer complete bullsh$t now?

Back