Battlefield 1942 problems with 640x480 res.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

I have my old system (AMD Duron 800mhz/320MB RAM/Win2k) running on a network with my current system and at the moment the old system is running with a 640x480 monitor (unfortunately due to the last monitor being broken). Until I buy a new or used monitor for the old system that is 1024x768 I want to use this one so I can play some BF1942 LAN games against my brother.

When loading BF1942 the display messes up just like it does when you try to set your Windows display for a higher resolution than it supports. I can then hit ALT+CTRL+DEL, L, ENTER to logoff and then the display is fixed and I log back into Windows with no problem.

I tried modifying some of the video.con files but that didn't work. I'm not really sure what file to edit to force BF1942 to start out in 640x480 (if it is possible in BF1942 and IF that is the problem).

Any ideas? At least until I get a used/new monitor for that system.

If you are unable to access the game options (either through a setup utility, or through game options - due to screen corruption), then either swap your monitor to set the new resolution, or reinstall the game, which hopefully should select appropriate defaults. I don't play BF1942, but those are the first things I'd try.

Nic: Yea I installed the game on this monitor from the start so that wouldnt make a difference, but I'm going to borrow a monitor from here at work and take it home and try to get the game setup properly for the other monitor. If all else fails I'll just "borrow" the monitor for a long period of time till I get another one. ;)

Na, its not hehe, it's been sitting and collecting dust. I figured I might as well borrow it until I get another monitor and put it to use :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back