Battlefield 2 CTD while playing multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title is basically my whole problem. I've installed the latest drivers for everything, went into dxdiag and hoped it would work because that's all i had to do to fix San Andreas when it had the same problem.

The game runs fine while i play, up to the point where a black screen suddenly appears and crashes to the desktop.

My Comp:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/16/04 16:54:31 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
Card name: C.P. Technologies Inc. RADEON X300SE
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON X300 SE (0x5B60)
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Realtek HD Audio rear output
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0880&SUBSYS_08800000&REV_0905
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5027

I'm lost and have no clue what to do now

Hi there's quite a few complaints about this and other problems with bf2. I have to say i have been quite lucky and only ever had a CDT once but this was before i upgraded to 2gb of ram. There is a patch coming out soon which may fix this problem otherwise go here www.warcrew.com im sure there is a post up there about it. Sign up, there a great bunch of guys who spend all there life on bf2 so im sure they will help, Im known as DODGESNIPER on warcrew. Bf2 really does respond well to 2gb of ram..... depends what you like your settings at. I play it max everything with 6xAntialsing also a good graphic card helps... it may not cure your cdt but will help with gameplay. Also keep an eye on your cpu temp this game is power hungry... i had to buy an uprated fan and heatsink just because of this game.Like i say give warcrew a try they'll sort you out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back