Battlefield 2 doesn't support a higher graphics card need help!!

By 123456789
Jan 9, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yesterday I got battlefield 2 and installed it. It was working fine until I got to the start menu. Then this thing popped up and said my graphics card was going to reset its resolution and needed to restart the computer. So I said yes then restarted the game and got back to the menu but it did the same thing so I went online and looked up the requirements for a BF2 graphics card. It said it could take ATI radeon 8600. So I'm thinking wait I have ATI 9250 and thats higher soooooooooooo. I NEED HELP PLEASE.
  2. kirock

kirock Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,598

Go to BF2 website and make sure you have the latest patch installed for that stupid game. By stupid I mean "nothing but technical problems for everyone that buys it". Your 9250 is supported. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the 9250 from the ATI website and the latest mobo chipset drivers. Also you'll need Direct 9.0c installed (prob on the installation disk).

Good luck
  3. 123456789

123456789 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the help but it didn't work. Got any other suggestions?
  4. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

i dont think BF2 supports the 9250, do you have pci or agp
    even if you get the game to work it wont be to fun because it will be laggy
  5. kirock

kirock Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,598

I tried to replay yesterday at work but on send the web page stopped responding so didn't have time to repeat.

All I was going to suggest is uninstall and reinstall BF2.
    Have you had any luck with it yet, any update?
  6. 123456789

123456789 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I uninstalled it then I re-installed it but it still didn't work. I think I am just going to buy a graphics card. However, thank you very much for your help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.