Battlefield 2 installation key

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to reformat my computer soon and I don’t have my Battlefield 2 manual with the installation key on it. Is there any way to get the key while I still have the game installed on my computer?

Information like that should always be kept somewhere safe.

Your only option is to contact the game manufacturer and get their help.

If you still have the game installed, then there could be a chance that its written somewhere there, like in the "About" screen, or splash screen etc.

Otherwise, download SIW and look under secrets.

Both methods are just best guesses from observation, and not all games are same. Good hunting.

BF2 installs the cd-key in the registry, but it's hashed into a big long string so it's not usable for performing the installation.

If you're unable to get satisfaction from EA support on this issue, you may just want to consider picking up the BF2:Deluxe edition as it's BF2 + Special Forces for about $39 US. EA Link may have it for download too, but I advise against this route as the EA downloader will put a ton of spyware/drm crap on your PC for all of eternity.

Last but not least, if you have a DVD burner or something with enough space, you could try burning the entire game folder (already installed), the My Documents folder where the config is stored, and export all the EA keys in both CURRENT_USER and LOCAL_MACHINE sub-trees. For your target, you'd just put the folders in the same path/drive as prior, merge the registry keys, copy the My Documents settings folders and cross your fingers. This should actually work albeit may need to delete the configs if the hardware has changed dramatically (videocard mainly + game settings).

Have a program on my PC that list all the programs installed with keys. Cannot remember the name offhand. It's either belarus or something close. Will check after work and provide you with the program name.

Ah hah. Found it. It's called belarc advisor. Gives you a breakdown of your system and the stuff installed into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back