Battlefield 2, lockups and crashes to BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

When I try to play Battlefield 2 online I get very choppy game play, the game locks up and the sound keeps on repeating, this usualy happens a few times each lasting around 10 seconds, after around 5 minutes of game play the game locks up totaly then crashes to the BSOD. This doesnt happen all the time (Around 25% of games played). I have tried everything I could think of to fix this but im stumped. Any help would be much apreciated.

My specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT
Radion X600 Mobility
1024MB DDR RAM (2x512MB Sticks)

More system information can be found here: System Specs

I have also included the files in my minidump directory

Thanks in advance
Lunchi

I don't quite know how the laptop performs but my reduction in choppy play was to shut down all the non essential programs running in the background, choose a low ping server by typing is lets say 150 under the ping column header in multiplayer, and checking with other players via VOIP if there gameplay is choppy. Sometimes the servers don't run that great.

To stop the choppiness at the beginning os each round and after respawning, i put in 2gb of ram

P4 3.0
Xp Home
Fx5900xt OC
2gb ram

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are quite old. The latest being from 26/11/05.

If you could post 5 or 6 of your most recent minidumps it might help.

2 minidumps crash with memory corruption, and bugchecks of 7A, and 8E respectively.

1 minidump crashes at win32k.sys, and has a bug check of 7A.

1 minidump crashes at ati2cqag.dll. This is part of your graphics drivers. it has a bugcheck of EA.

0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

It looks like you have a ram problem. Either faulty ram sticks, or faulty video ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi guys, thanks for all the help. I think i have managed to fix the problem now as it hasn’t happened for almost two weeks. I updated my BIOS driver, updated my graphics card driver, checked my RAM which was fine and ran a disk check. The disk check found a few errors, one which stopped my pc from loading up. I worked around this by running another disk check from the windows recovery console which seems to have fixed the problem. I hope this helps anyone who is having similar problems.

Glad to hear your problem is solved.

If you ever need to post minidumps again. Please make sure that your post the latest ones.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back