TechSpot

**battlefield 2 problems AGAIN**

By Alias17
Jun 27, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive been having problems with bf2 for some while. In a previous thread I was told that my chipset may be the problem coupled with my graphics card, however, after buying new RAM, 2 Gb worth, only 2 weeks ago, I've found that the game actually runs worse than when I had 512 Mb of RAM. I could run bf2 on medium settings with 100% draw distance quite comfortably, but now my computer seems to struggle on all low settings with the draw distance reduced to 85%. Also, I was expecting a considerable improvement in overall PC performance from the upgrade, but this just hasn't happened. In fact, similarly with bf2, I feel as though the computer has actually slowed down, taking longer to load web pages and open applications. Buying the new RAM seems only to have removed of the grinding of my hard drive. Any reasons why would be very helpful as this is REALLY pissing me off.

FYI: My drivers are upto date and my computer is free from viruses, adware, spyware and worms and is also defragged with the disk clean up implemented only 2 days ago.

Comp specs:
    Mobo: ASUS PR4800-VM
    Processor: P4 3.0 ghz
    RAM: 2GB (184-pin DIMM DDR)
    Graphics Card: Radeon 9550
    Internet: 2 Mbps
    Chipset: ATi Radeon 9100 IGP
  2. eazy_duz_em

eazy_duz_em TS Rookie Posts: 170

try your memories with memtest.
    be sure the memories are the same make and models(that may be your problem)
  3. Alias17

Alias17 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Memories are both identical, but i have experienced problems with crossing brands when I tried adding my old 512mb to my new 2gb, computer refused to boot up lol
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.