Battlefield 2 Unplayable, Video Card? Replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an HP Pavillion Ze5734us and I just upped my ram with a 512MB chip and thought it would improve gaming, but NOPE!! and now I bought Battlefield 2 and I can't even play it because my Video Card isn't strong enough...

How do I know what video card to get and also, where can I find how to swap them out?

THANKS!!

(I currently have 702 MB Ram, and Radeon IGP 34M video card...)

well you should get a 9800 pro or a 6600gt, those cards would be good enough to handle it and cost less than 200 dollars. taking out video cards and replacing them is really easy. all you do is unscrew the card from the case and pull it strait out, then get the new card and push it into the slot. most of the newer graphics cards have to be connected to the power supplys also, it should say how to do it in the manual.

hp pavilions are, like all oem builds, designed to make the manufacturer a profit. consequently, they are low in performance and have very limited options for upgrades and hardware add-ons. your problem is that the machine wasn't built for gaming and it cannot handle the demands of said application. and, of course, it probably cannot accommodate a 9800 or 6600gt graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back