TechSpot

Battlefield 3 beta in September, release on October 25

By Emil
Jun 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. At the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), DICE, an Electronic Arts studio, announced that the Battlefield 3 multiplatform beta is expected sometime in September 2011. The company also confirmed that Battlefield…

Read the whole story
  2. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 396   +35

This game is looking very, very good. I'm a huge BF2 fan and played that game online for so many hours. I also enjoyed playing it at LAN parties I hosted with 12-16 people.

All I can say to DICE is there better be LAN support, or i'm not buying... (or at least i'm waiting until it's under $15 on Steam or something).
  3. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +12

Cool! Bring it on! When will it arribe to the Steam Store?
  4. jetkami

jetkami TS Rookie Posts: 99

I am proud to be an American! "America truck yeah! Commin again to save the muthertruckin day yeah!". America truck yeah...".
  5. LAN really bro. Everyone is pretty much connected to the internet. LAN's are a waste of gas.
  6. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Tell that to the massive LAN parties that thousands of people attend.
  7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Hmm, what's that?

Did I hear Crytek whimpering in corner while DICE's Battlefield 3 gameplay video played on E3?

My new rig is almost complete, soon I'll be getting my GTX *evil laugh*. Gotta prepare early for this little monster.

I wonder though, by open beta, did they mean open beta for those who pre-ordered the limited of Medal of Honor, or they meant open beta, as in, open for everybody? I seriously hope it's the latter, although the actual release isn't that far from september anyway so I could wait. Besides, YouTube videos of the beta would hold me over. Yeah, when it comes to BF I am a total fanboy...
  8. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 396   +35

Bro? That's so 1990's... Seriously though, LAN parties are still great fun and there are plenty of them. Half the idea is to get together with friends, hang out, drink beer, play games and swear at each other. LAN parties take regular online gaming experiences and multiply the fun factor by about 4. That is... if you have friends.

Online gaming is nice and all but sometimes playing a game with everyone else in the same room is just loads more fun. Didn't you ever play LAN games in school? I can remember playing Quake 1 and Duke 3D in 9th grade.. those were some good times. 16 players all in the same room, swearing and yelling at each other, having a good time. That's where the real multiplayer gaming is... not some lazy bum playing online and teamkilling everyone like a complete **** and being obnoxious over the VoIP. That kind of **** doesn't exist at LAN parties because the mother plucker gets dragged outside and has the crap kicked out of him.
  9. Yes it releases 1 day after my birthday but in the middle of my HSC exams! :(

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.