Battlefield 4 Beta

I have been playing fine the past few days since October 1. I have been playing at 20-30 FPS (running the 13.9 driver). I have been getting some fairly bad stuttering and rubber banding, but not too severe. Today I updated PunkBuster just for the sake of it and when I went in game, it lagged like never before. REALLY bad rubber banding. So just a tip, dont update PB :).

I have been playing fine the past few days since October 1. I have been playing at 20-30 FPS (running the 13.9 driver). I have been getting some fairly bad stuttering and rubber banding, but not too severe. Today I updated PunkBuster just for the sake of it and when I went in game, it lagged like never before. REALLY bad rubber banding. So just a tip, dont update PB :).

I managed to reduce abit the lag by using task manager and setting priority to low on bf4

Huh, which card you got again JC713?

As far as rubber banding goes, yea ive been having that issue a bit, but it seemed to depend on what server I was on. Im maintain 60 pretty well so far on Catalyst 13.10 at 1080p and 40-60 on 5760x1080p both at ultra settings on both. Seems alright to me so far, frames seems to be much more stable than I was assuming, but not seeing any micro-stutter yet or anything like that.

Huh, which card you got again JC713?

As far as rubber banding goes, yea ive been having that issue a bit, but it seemed to depend on what server I was on. Im maintain 60 pretty well so far on Catalyst 13.10 at 1080p and 40-60 on 5760x1080p both at ultra settings on both. Seems alright to me so far, frames seems to be much more stable than I was assuming, but not seeing any micro-stutter yet or anything like that.

An old ATI Mobility Radeon 5730. I am waiting on DDR4 and 22nm GPUs to upgrade to a new system.

I managed to reduce abit the lag by using task manager and setting priority to low on bf4

Yeah people said to do that. I would expect it to be the opposite (setting the priority to high). I guess not.

An old ATI Mobility Radeon 5730. I am waiting on DDR4 and 22nm GPUs to upgrade to a new system.

Yeah people said to do that. I would expect it to be the opposite (setting the priority to high). I guess not.

the problem to the lag is that somehow whenever u look at abit of smoke or some particles the cpu usage jumps on 100% taking an i5-3570k on 3.8ghz on battlefield 4 is possible but I doubt that it is true its optimisation is horrible but what can I say it is beta after all I expected better though consoles crash on bf4 pc they lag like mad on high end gaming pcs.

the problem to the lag is that somehow whenever u look at abit of smoke or some particles the cpu usage jumps on 100% taking an i5-3570k on 3.8ghz on battlefield 4 is possible but I doubt that it is true its optimisation is horrible but what can I say it is beta after all I expected better though consoles crash on bf4 pc they lag like mad on high end gaming pcs.

Yeah I will check my CPU usage but my game crashes sometimes when on windowed mode and performance sucks. I have an i7 and 8gb of RAM BTW.

Ah, well honestly its probably just the power of the GPU, try setting it to full screen though if your in windowed. Ive noticed BF3 and 4 hate windowed mode.

Running @ 1080p. Pretty smooth and rare rubber banding. The servers are fairly local so that helps. The most annoying thing is that it didn't remember the last class used when connecting to server or on server map restart. Not sure since yesterday's patch if that is now corrected.

The physics was a bit funky when the building is brought down. Also somehow someone got the boat on top of one of the skyscrapers... intact!

Back