TechSpot

'Battlefield 4' Megalodon Easter egg located after four month search

By Shawn Knight
Apr 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It took roughly four months of searching but the mythical Megalodon Easter egg in Battlefield 4 has finally been located. The clip below is spoiler-filled so if you'd rather keep searching on your own, it'd probably be best to turn...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I gotta say that is quite epic.

I give props to DICE for building up the hype with a bunch of clues :D.

3. Ho.. so thats what the big update a few days ago was for...

4. kuroiei

kuroiei TS Enthusiast Posts: 93   +31

Wait, so now easter eggs in games like Battlefield are found by standing for a while and watching? Wow. Much cryptic. So hide. Wow.

5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,562   +2,370

There aren't enough of these in modern titles (in my experience, anyhow). Glad to see there are still devs out there that understand the value a few well executed discoverables can add to a game.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  6. This is something you will never see in the a cod game, unless they update their engine and try to do something more with their game.

7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,562   +2,370

I thought the occasional match where you run into the one guy on CoD who isn't using perks and computer assists to get the job done was an equally impressive easter egg?

Ranger12 likes this.
  8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Nice, so EA lied again. Not only is the game still broken, but devs are working on DLC and optional-extra 'easter eggs'. Wow.

Fbarnett likes this.
  9. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Booster Posts: 206   +30

The game plays like crap and the BF franchise is prob done and this is what they are working on?