BBC (News) videos stop playing after 15secs, audio continues - why?

Tommygunn

For some time now I have been unable to play BBC News videos in Firefox 26.0 (the only BBC videos I watch with any frequency) but after 15secs the video freezes while the audio continues. Also, after this has happened and I grab the slider it blurs just like a Windows OS freeze.
I just tried it on Internet Explorer and the same video stopped at about 22secs with exactly the same problems. It happens with all BBC News videos.
Here is a screen grab of, in this instance, the video stopped and where I've advanced the slider and it has blurred.

What can I do to cure this problem?
Thanks,
Tom.

For some time now I have been unable to play BBC News videos in Firefox 26.0 (the only BBC videos I watch with any frequency) but after 15secs the video freezes while the audio continues. Also, after this has happened and I grab the slider it blurs just like a Windows OS freeze.
I just tried it on Internet Explorer and the same video stopped at about 22secs with exactly the same problems. It happens with all BBC News videos.
Here is a screen grab of, in this instance, the video stopped and where I've advanced the slider and it has blurred.

What can I do to cure this problem?
Thanks,
Tom.
For starters, if you supplied a link to it, I don't see it. Got a link?

I have exactly the same problem on the same browser. If I move the slider to within 10 seconds of the end and let it finish, then restart the video it plays OK. Need help please, not a BBC problem.

Tommygunn, I'm using Firefox 26.0 and I'm able to run the videos in your link just fine. Have you installed the latest version of Flash Player?

I got an update notification for Adobe, from my Avast Antivirus, yesterday and I updated to 12.0.0.43 just to be sure.
The problem persists with the video I posted a link to.
I also had a look at some videos from the homepage. At about the 30-31sec mark I had the same problem with a video about the Ukraine while a video on Syria stopped at around 22secs. However, with another Syrian video I was able to play the whole 2mins 32secs of it without a problem

Oh, I have no problem playing 30secs worth of an annoying advert before any of the videos!

Tom.

Oh, I have no problem playing 30secs worth of an annoying advert before any of the videos!

Tom.
I think if you used an adblocker addon, you wouldn't see any annoying adverts, I don't.
Try either adblock plus or adblock edge. Good luck.

Back