bcc1000007f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

my computer reboots, while working with pictures. I am not experienced where to look.

error code:
bcc:1000007f bcp1:00000000D bcp2:00000000 bcp3:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2.0 Prod. 256_1

1. sometimes mouse is fozen
2. minidumps I have attached
3. error message from microsoft hint at either device driver or hardware failure.
any help would be appreciated

thanks
midge

notes to my system:
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 2,08 GHz
RAM: 512 MB, 2 Sticks
GPU: ATI Radeon 9200SE, AGP 128 MB

Stop 0x0000007F or UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
The Stop 0x7F message indicates that one of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode:

A condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept (also known as a bound trap).
Software problems.
Hardware failures.
Possible Resolutions:

Stop 0x7F messages are typically due to defective, malfunctioning, or failed memory hardware. Hardware failures are the most common, especially memory hardware failiures. So I would first run a Memtest with a minimum of 7passes (I and others prefer 10) to see if your RAM is faulty. Faulty RAM will cause all kinds of headaches and issues.

If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace it to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the system manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

Running the CPU beyond the rated specification, known as "overclocking," can cause Stop 0x7F or other error messages due to heat buildup. When diagnosing problems on overclocked systems, first restore all clock and bus speed settings to the manufacturer recommended values to determine if this resolves the issues.

The problem might also be due to cracks, scratched traces, or defective components on the motherboard. If all else fails, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.

Stop 0x7F messages can occur after installing incompatible applications, drivers, or system services. Contact the software manufacturer about possible Windows XP specific updates. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back