BCCode : f4 BCP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjamme

I have a Dell Precision Workstation 530 with SCSI drives & XP Pro SP2. Memory is 4@256MB.

I keep getting this error:
Your system has recovered from a critical error; BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2 : 864D50D8 BCP3 : 864D524C BCP4 : 805FA160 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
I have visited this site a saw that previous users had BCCode errors also and they were oftem memory related so I ran Memtest86 3.3. Nothing found although I only made one pass as my keyboard is wireless and didn't allow me to access the Memtest menu.

Any thoughts will be welcomed,
Peter

The single minidump points to CSRSS.EXE...

"csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows..."

I would start by looking at your video drivers or video card as the source of your systems instability

Vid Card Drivers

Thanks, I'll check it out. I just had the orginal video card replaced at the local computer store and not even sure what I have.
Peter

This is a hard drive problem. Maybe the cable has come loose.

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED

0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED: bad cabling, non-termination, or the controller is not able to obtain access to the hard disk.

"I just had the orginal video card replaced at the local computer store"...

Along with what Pererdiva says, did the BSOD's start after the video card was replaced?

NO BSOD's yet

I'll have to turn off Auto Restart as it is always booted up and I see that Just Recovered Message.
And yes I believe it happened since then, I had what I thought was a total melt down so I took the puter to the shop and they said no just video card.

Update:
Video card is Nvidia Geforce FX5100 and driver is dated 3/17/2006 8.4.2.6.
I have found a couple of newer drivers to try tonight 91.31 and 162.18 forceware any preference to what version is most stable for this card?

New Driver Now Installed

Well I updated the nVidia driver last night, I'll see how that goes before I decide whether I need a new video card or not. I installed version 6.14.11.6218 dated 6/29/2007.

I remembered that one of my users had a terrible time with this same card. He had plenty of horsepower. But when he ran simulations in Maser CAM 10 his compuuter would lock up. I replaced the drivers back then to no avail. Then I replaced the card and he is very satisfied now.

Help Still Getting BCCode

I have been on vacation a week, but left my computer on to see if newer video drivers fixed the problem. They didn't, I had 3 critical errors while I was gone.
Anyone have any other thoughts before I trash the Nvidia Geforce FX5100?
Attached is the latest from 9-3-07
Peter

The minidump is csrss.exe the graphical command controller in Windows

You said it "trash the Nvidia Geforce FX5100"...

Many Thanks

Tmagic650:
That's what I thought you would say. Proceed to plan B.
May thanks,
Peter

Good luck Peter...

I'm an ATI user from way back. I have built systems using Nvidia cards and I experienced no problems with them. As you can see on this site, Nvidia has many, many problem posts

Billings, MT

Tmagic650:
I just noticed you are from Billings. I grew up in Kalispell years ago, sisters and their families still live there. Need to visit soon, getting Big Sky blues.
Delaware now.

I'll see about an ATI. Any recomendations for AGP 4X or AGP Pro 4X?
See note: "The AGP expansion slot only supports 1.5-V cards"
Peter

I'm using an old Sapphire (ATI) Radeon 9600XT 256MB card. It works great. Look for deals on Newegg, even in their refurb section...

I love Montana! Yesterday it was 102 degrees. Today it will get near 80, and tomorrow it will be in the 70's... Fall is coming, and I'm ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back