BCCode

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbast

Hi everybody.
I'm new here. I just installed some new ram and a hard drive. Ever since I've been getting crashes whenever I really work the computer. Anyway I got a BSOD and here's what it says:

Stop: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XBF9FCA28, OXBAA574E00, 0X00000000)
NV4_DISP.DLL-DDRESS BF9FCA28BASE AT BF9D5000, DATESTAMP 441b314f

Then when I log into windows I receive this Error Signature:

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : CC7C8000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I attached the dmp and the xml for your viewing pleasure. Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

0x8E and 0x0A errors are good signs that you have a hardware issue. In fact, 0x8E are almost always due to a hardware compatibility issues.

Since you put new RAM in and you've have been experiencing BSODs then a) check to see if your RAM is either seated properly or that your memory is placed in the correct slot configuration as per your motherboard manual and B0 run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes.

I checked to see if they are properly seated. I forgot to mention that it is dual channel memory I have a 512 and a 1gb on channel A & a 512 and 1gb on channel B. all are ddr400. What is B0 or MemTest?

Thanks. I am running memtest now and it is on its second pass. So far there seems to be no errors. I'll let you know what happens.

I ran the MemTest and it listed zero errors, but when I was pressing esc to reboot, it wouldn't work. Also it did take about 5 hours to complete all 7 passes. Is this a sign of something or should I not be concerned about this?

No, memtest takes a long time so 5 hours is normal. Many people will start it before they go to bed and then check it the next morning. Go back to your old RAM configuration and see if that brings you stability.

I was going to try the opposite, going with just the new memory since I had no problems prior to installing the new ones. I'll try what you said though

I was discussing my problem with a friend of mine. I told him that my cas latency on my older pair is 2.5. My newer pair is rated at 2.0. He advised me that may be a compatibility issued. Could that be my problem?

salbast said:
I was discussing my problem with a friend of mine. I told him that my cas latency on my older pair is 2.5. My newer pair is rated at 2.0. He advised me that may be a compatibility issued. Could that be my problem?

Yes and I would go back to my motherboard manual and see what they say about memory configuration.

I read over the manual last night and it said nothing about that. I'm at work now so I can't do anything about it 'til later tonight. I'll see if I can play around in bios and change settings so the cas latency matches. If I can't I'll just take the older pair out just to make sure I don't have faulty ram. Any other suggestions?

Running 2 gigs of RAM should do the trick unless your motherboard is picky about the RAM. If you are running XP keep in mind 3 gigs is basically all it recognizes. It takes a 64 bit OS to take advantage of 4 gigsd or more.

If you decide to just stick with 2 gigs your BIOS should automatically set the timings.

Well last night I was trying to actually make my computer crash before I start troubleshooting by rendering in autoCAD and playing some battlefield 2 and it didn't even hiccup. It was working perfectly. I don't know why. I didn't even do anything. Does memtest repair anything? What happened??

It's doing it again... It was warmer yesterday so maybe my case is too hot. I tried motherboard monitor, but I don't think I supports my motherboard. In any case, I have 4 case fans, a fan for my psu, a fan for my cpu and one on my video card. I'm going nuts over here!

First, MemTest does not fix memory errors. In fact, faulty RAM cannot be fixed, only replaced.

Secoind, if it is a heat issue then try this: Take off your side paneland have a fan blow directly on your system. Let us know if you are still getting crashes.

I actually opened my case fan up last night and noticed that 2 of 4 case fans were shot. I'll try that tonight though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back