TechSpot

BCcode124 BSOD

By psycrash
Mar 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. So I have been experiencing BSOD's while gaming and watching youtube/twitch.tv giving BCcode 124. Upon restarting my PC, I get a message from windows asking me to look on the web to troubleshoot the problem with details. The details read:
    After digging around the web, I found this refers to a hardware failure, so I started following troubleshoot guides. Here's what ive done so far:

• RMA'd my GPU (I was experiencing some artifacts and programs crashing instead of BSOD sometimes)
    • Ran memtest (0 errors)
    • Re seated and cleaned all cards/cables connectors on mobo
    • Ran furmark for 15min. no BSOD (1920x1080)
    • chkdsk (no problems)
    • updated all the drivers I could find
    • defrag

I suspect my CPU, but I want to nail it down for sure, since ive just waited 2 weeks for my Video card to complete RMA and return to me. So my question is, what else can I do to nail this issue down?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my pc specs
    Mobo: ASUS m2n-SLI
    CPU: AMD Athlon II 64X4 640 3.0Ghz (ADX640WFK42GM)
    RAM: 4GB Adata DDR2 800
    GPU: EVGA nvidia Geforce gtx 460
    PSU: Corsair tx750w
    HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ Sata
    No optic/Floppy drives
    Windows 7 64bit Home

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Well you showed us where the minidump is, so now post it. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

3. psycrash

psycrash TS Rookie Topic Starter

Oops! sorry about that, here they are

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

With no bug check string and all 11 minidumps being the same... What antivirus program are you running?

5. psycrash

I'm not using any Antivirus since the first crash. I did a clean install and only installed a few of the games I play as well as my temp monitoring programs Like CPU-z, core temp, and the overclocking tool for my GPU (EVGA Precision X) I dont overclock with it, I just use it to control fan speed on my card

6. psycrash

Mini update: I happened to stumble across my Chipset driver and realized that it wasnt the newest version. Downloaded and installed and managed to play about an hour of a game that had been crashing within 30 seconds of synching with the game server. I dont know if that was the culprit but so far things are looking ok

7. Tmagic650

Okay, keep us posted:)

8. psycrash

Will do, I've been gaming a bit here and there today and so far I haven't had any issues. But I plan on a good 4 hour block or so later this evening.