TechSpot

Beats Music streaming service will launch on January 21 starting at $9.99

By Shawn Knight
Jan 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It’s been a while in the making but Beats Music, the subscription streaming audio service from Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, is finally launching. The service will go live on January 21 for Android, iOS, Windows and the web starting...

Read more

2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 890   +171

I don't think this will be any better than their terrible headphones. I'll stick to Spotify.

wastedkill likes this.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,943   +380

Spotify is going to kick the crap out of this.

And I love how the man in charge of BEATS AUDIO is accusing others of not understanding music. Theres more to music than bass good sir.

wastedkill likes this.
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,332   +277

Beats bass isn't even good... not sure why so many people think it is. It's loud but not good or clean sounding. Even the nicest pair of Beats don't go as deep or clean as my cheapest pair of SoundMagic HP100 headphones... and I've done direct comparisons.

ghasmanjr likes this.
  5. Dj23

Dj23 TS Rookie

So what's Trent Reznor's role in all of this?

6. Puiu

Puiu TS Maniac Posts: 1,073   +100

If you want headphones with a good clear sound just go with Sennheiser.

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

This sounds terrible. Their premise that other streaming services rely on algorithms is bad and people choosing is on the surface an interesting thought. But the algorithms work on likes and dislikes and get better over time, with people involved especially "Rap Radar, Rolling Stone and Pitchfork" now there are people with direct monetary interest involved in sending you crap they want you to hear. Getting away from RIAA controlled radio was precisely why streaming services that play what you want them to play are so successful.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.