Beats to remain available on HP computers, Android and Windows Phone

Shawn Knight

Staff member

beats pcs android windows apple hp

Apple officially announced their acquisition of Beats Electronics yesterday but almost immediately, some began to question what would become of the audio accessory maker’s deals with the competition. We now have some answers to those pressing matters courtesy of an e-mailed statement from HP and an interview from Apple’s own Eddy Cue.

A statement from HP claims the company will continue making new products utilizing Beats technology through the end of this year. What’s more, HP said they will continue to sell devices with Beats Audio pre-installed through 2015. The use of the Beats logo for advertising and marketing is also permitted to continue, the company said.

As you may know, Beats Music has an app available for Android and Windows Phone. Eddy Cue addressed the matter during an interview at the Code Conference, pointing out that it’s already available on Google’s mobile operating system and they want to keep it that way.

Beats Music hit the scene earlier this year as yet another entrant into the already crowded streaming music market. The service has amassed 250,000 subscribers thus far and according to data from the Google Play Store, the Android version has been downloaded more than a million times.

It’s not really a shocker that Apple will let Beats Music continue to live on other platforms but it is interesting as it marks the first time Apple has offered an app for a rival mobile platform.

Permalink to story.

Beats audio is nothing more than THEIR eq/signal processing that is rather heavy on bass.

Honestly HP, if you are losing as much $$$ as they report, why not just make up your own eq setting and call it High Potency or something with your OWN initials?

Baa Baa black sheep. Pathetic.

When Beats is dead (when the fad over a name is over) all those HP's with BEATS written all over them will look very untrendy.

BTW, Dr. Dre isn't a real doctor. You didn't know? LoL!

At least my laptop came with harmon/kardon which does much better than my old computer speakers.

Beats audio is nothing more than THEIR eq/signal processing that is rather heavy on bass.

Honestly HP, if you are losing as much $$$ as they report, why not just make up your own eq setting and call it High Potency or something with your OWN initials?

Baa Baa black sheep. Pathetic.

When Beats is dead (when the fad over a name is over) all those HP's with BEATS written all over them will look very untrendy.

BTW, Dr. Dre isn't a real doctor. You didn't know? LoL!
I sure wouldn't call on him if I suffered from tinnitus, I'd rather live with it.

Sorry but Apple can have it - I'd prefer it if 'we' didn't get to have Beats. I used my HTC Desire C for music for the first time yesterday (having owned it for 9 months I guess) and the improvement in quality when Beats is disabled is very noticeable.

Back