been having trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the scren on a laptop (HP zd7000) for the past three days.scren is black and the computer wont run but i can hook it to a tv and it runs fine.friday i uninstalled the video driver restarted the lap top and had a screen until it was shut down then saturday i uninstaled the video driver (nvidia geforce fx 5700)and reinstalled from the cd and it worked fine until we shut it down and closed the top then it wouldnt work.i tried reinstalling the video but no good,i also tried hooking it to me desk top monitor and nothing.the laptop works fine when hooked to a tv but i cant get a screen on it.could the video card be fried,if so how tough is it to change?thanks

Sounds like the LCD screen is going out. Doesn't sound like a video card/driver problem to me.

Not always. Sometimes when the screen is going bad you will have things like places of the are darker then others or there is some discoloration, but that fact that you said the screen can be blank but you are able to hook it to an external screen and then it works fine shows that the Video card is working. So the problem is most like either the LCD or the connections going from the Video card to the LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back