Beep beep beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Area

I just got a new system and the motherboard constantly gives three beeps on boot, which according to the manual is a main memory read/write error.

To save you looking it up in my profile, it's an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard, and the memory is Corsair's 1024MB TwinX, DDR 400, PC3700 RAM (four 512MB chips totalling 2.0 Gig).

I can't stop it doing it, the memory tests out fine, and it even does it if I install EACH memory chip separately - I can't believe they are ALL faulty! Is it because the speed is too high for the board? Should I go into the bios and "tone it down" a bit - if so some kind soul will have to give me the *****'s guide on how to do it.

I've tried Tech Service at asus on tsd@asus.com, but the email just gets bounced as undeliverable (very helpful - NOT).

Heeeeelp!!

Does your system work OK? Run some memory testing programs, if they come out good, don't bother yourself.

Unfortunately, system most definitely doe NOT run okay. I am having terrible problems trying to install a wireless network card. I know it's probably unrelated, but it's that "probably" word that concerns me.

I won't be happy until I've got my single, reassuring "beep" which tells me that all is as it should be.

You can check if it is some setting set too high in BIOS by loading failsafe defaults and seeing how the system runs. If everything is OK, tweak your way up by changing only a few settings at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back