BEFSR41 Setup problems. Any help is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolish

Hello all, I have been having a heck of a time with my new router Linksys BEFSR41. Both my computers are unable to access the internet despite using the included setup wizard. Around Setup #9 I get a loop that continuously says checking computer settings….. after it gets to 100% it says to enter in a router password. I put it in but then it goes BACK to checking computer settings…. etc etc etc etc. It just loops over and over. I’ve tried setting up the router manually but that doesn’t seem to help either. All the cabling is connected properly. Before the BEFSR41 router I used a D-Link 604 router that is starting to die. Are the D-link settings getting in the way of setting up my BEFSR41 router??? Is this even possible? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm using v4.2 of the BEFSR41 if that helps.
EDIT2: After messing around with it for sometime I think the router is defective. Every time a small change is done to the router either physically (disconnecting or reconnecting cables onto it) or making changes in the setup interface. The http setup interface is no longer accessible at all, even after re-powering it. Only a reset will allow me back into the setup interface again which is extremely annoying. But since i reset all the changes that i make will just go back to there factory defaults so whats the point??? If anyone has any suggestion feel free to drop it down here. I can sure use the help. thx in advance.

the default router address is 192.168.1.1 ; enter it into your browser

login if you can

On older LinkSys routers, the default username is blank and the default password is "admin."
On newer Linksys routers, both the default username and the default password are set to "admin."

first thing; change that password and save it; this will disconnect you
and you need to login again with the new password.

go here and download the firmware(select v4.2); install it

jobeard said:
the default router address is 192.168.1.1 ; enter it into your browser

login if you can

On older LinkSys routers, the default username is blank and the default password is "admin."
On newer Linksys routers, both the default username and the default password are set to "admin."

first thing; change that password and save it; this will disconnect you
and you need to login again with the new password.

go here and download the firmware(select v4.2); install it

Well like i said, any small changes done to the router either physically (disconnecting or reconnecting cables onto it) or making changes in the setup interface. The http setup interface is no longer accessible at all, even after re-powering it. I would have to always reset the router and that will make the router go back to its factory defaults. So updating the firmware is impossible.

i had this with a couple of my linksys routers. Ended up changing to Netgear, lol.
From memory (although i could be wrong), In the 1st instance, aren't you asked to set your pc IP to one in the same subnet as the router? (instead of having it assigned automatically?)
I'm sure that once you change a setting in the router, if goofs up unless you then re-alter IP settings on your pc. I know that won't make sense, but i'm sure its something like what i had to do to get them to work correctly.
Sorry, i'm a bit vague, but if i remember more, ill post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back