Beglobal.com, be-hosted.com, hostbetter.com are CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealBlackStuff

For the last couple of days I have been trying to transfer a domain-name to a new registrar.
The current one (www.beglobal.com) has put a Registrar-Lock on MY domain-name, and blatantly has been ignoring all my emails, open service-tickets and what have you.
I have even sent a complaint to the ICANN about their systematic refusal to answer to ANY of my communications!
(I'm not going to call them in the US from Ireland)

Their web-forum's last entry was in September 2005, so they can't be doing much business.

I hereby warn anybody who has any dealings with beglobal.com, 395hosting.com, be-hosted.com or hostbetter.com, to withdraw their domains and hosting-packages from this crummy outfit as soon as you can, and find a more reliable hosting company (like www.godaddy.com.

I had 4 domains registered and hosted at beglobal, all domains were compromised by hackers while being hosted there, beglobal arbitrarily puts registrar-locks on your domain, they change the FTP-access code, so you can't upload or change anything in your own domain(s) anymore, correspondence is futile, their billing-system stinks, especially if you made the mistake to set domains to auto-renew.
As I said before, correspondence in ANY form is virtually impossible, they have an automated answering service and that is the last you hear from them.

THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAP and should be avoided at all cost!

I did have a problem with them once with regards to a DNS screw up. They corrected it there and then, when I informed them, but my site was still down for hours while it re-propagated and it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I also had a problem where on FTPing to the host, I discovered there were pages on the site selling "health suppliments" that I hadn't placed there - I'd been hacked, apparently by another Be-Hosted customer as a result of some kind of un-noticed hole in server security. They "recompiled" something or other immediately and assured me it was a one-off.

In terms of getting problems of this nature sorted out I've never had any problems with them, and their service has been great. The monthly bandwidth you get is a huge amount for the price, even if the space is only 500 MB.

However, by the sounds of it, it appears that they make life a living hell if you wish to leave them. This is a good reason to avoid any company.

Spike, I take it you are the 'minerva' that roamed around their forums last year?

After three days of incessant bombarding beglobal with freshly opened tickets, they finally caved in and told me the Registrar-Lock had been removed.
I immediately re-initiated procedures to have that domain transferred to www.godaddy.com (where I currently hold around 30 other domains).
Luckily for me, the credit-card info that beglobal have on file for me, has expired, so they can't charge me for anything. The expiration date for my domain at beglobal is 27 April 2006, so I'm well within my 'paid-for' period to do with the account as I please.

So once again: be warned NOT to deal with beglobal and its dirty consorts!
The domain-transfer to Godaddy by the way only costs half of the beglobal annual fee!

Yes RBS. That would be me lol. If they truly are that bad, then I'm in agreement with that advice. I'm working on a new site for someone now, and as it happens, I'd already decided to look for a different host, so I dare say I'll experience it for myself when I try to cancel my account. The domain is specific to the person the site was for anyway, and I don't think she's bothered about it anymorw, so they can keep it lol.

Shame about my other domain though - Yellowmonkey.org was an impulse buy just because it sounded quirky. lol

You have until the end of May 2006 to sort it!
An interesting website I found is: http://wdbc.com/
Amongst other things, they offer a load of info about unlocking the Registrar-Lock for quite a number of companies. I've put them on the trail of beglobal, so that one may be on their bypass-list next as well!

Looking at the data that beglobal shows, I'm not surprised that their websites get hacked! After all, if you know where to look, you see the username AND password both in the clear! Talk about confidential information...

Spike, transfer your stuff to another company before it's too late! Transferring from beglobal to godaddy only cost me $7.20, which includes a year's renewal for my .com domain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back