Being hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBane

Move this to where it need be if it doesn't go here.

Anyways, big... EXTREMELY big stupid mistake of mine. I clicked on a file someone sent me via MSN (he's a hacker) and stupid me believed it was real and I clicked on it. Now he's got WinNVC (typo?) on my computer. Just a minute ago he attacked and started spamming messages inside my IM with stuff like "ur mum" and crap. I shut down immediately to stop him and he hasn't attacked since.

I have PeerGuardian up to see if maybe I can block his IP and that WinNVC stuff that keeps popping up I put a password on it and hit "disabled remote keyboard/mouse" I honestly have no idea what it does, but it looked reasonable.

So, what should I do? Probably not the best place to ask, but the only place I knew of.

Also, I've already scanned for rootkits and all that stuff. Nothing.

I have been refering people to the Security and the Web section preliminary removal process BUT in your case I would suggest you bite the bullet, copy off anything you value, then zero-fill ALL your drives and reformat and re-install.

This doesn't sound like simple malware - this is a SERIOUS intrusion and nothing may work.

IMHO anyway.

:(

I dunno...

A guy is just sitting on the other side messing with me. He's only attacked once, but I don't really know if I want to sit around and see what he does next.

I'm really scared if I login to WoW he might get my password.

I was looking at http://security.tennessee.edu/hacked.shtml but I really don't know if it is for "everyone"

'I dunno...'

I have no idea what that comment could mean - either you want to have this hacker steal all your passwords and other (banking?) data or you clean your system.

Perhaps someone else here will chat with you about it. Me, I am done.

edit: not being rude, just don't know why you would dilly dally

I meant I dunno what to do. I have had this "session" (referring to how long I've had Windows installed since my last reformat) for a while and I'd be losing a LOT of settings and stuff. And trust me, I've got a BUNCH of things.

But then, I could get my account stolen on WoW which I pay for myself, I could get my Myspace password stolen and all kinds of things.

Right now I feel safe because of PeerGuardian, but... blah.

It's a hard decision.

There's gotta be another way. I wish knew what WinNVC was and did and how to stop it.

Sorry for the double post, as I figure anyone who has read my above post won't read it again so I'm posting again to notify.

EDIT: Called my dad and he said he'd reformat when he gets time. I can't do it myself and... yeah I'm still scared about my password for WoW.

We could probably clean your computer if you agreed to it. However, if you do use your computer for sensitive data, it would probably be best to reformat.

This thread may help you decide.

Regards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back