Being redirected to malware sites over wifi only

Amigosdefox

Hello all.

I have been having this problem for over a year now but I had just ignored it until now. I have tried to google a solution but I've had no success. It started when both my girlfriend's and my own iPhone would redirect to what seemed scam websites after clicking on a link to a legitimate website such as Techspot.com. These sites would show pop up messages saying that a virus was found and that you needed to download an app to fix. We didn't fall for this and never installed anything, however the redirecting problem persisted. This seemed to happen only when we were connected over wifi at home but didn't seem to happen over 4G. Originally I thought that at some point we had inadvertently clicked on an insecure website and had infected both of our iPhones. However the redirecting seem to happen to anyone using our wifi. We even had a friend connect using a brand new out of the box iPhone in our home and got the same behavior. There didn't seem to be any redirecting issues when using PCs or Macs.

I have since switched to an Android phone and keep getting the same behavior. Just yesterday I started browsing with a brand new Motorola E and it happened. Also, my girlfriend's Macbook pro redirected when clicking on a legitimate website.
My guess now is that it could be a problem with my router or isp because it happens with brand new phones. Maybe the DNS servers could be hacked? Can this happen? Now my phone is also doing it with my office wifi (other isp) so I'm not so sure about this theory. I have attached screenshots as examples of the types of messages that I'm getting.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-09-19-28-27.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-09-19-28-27.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2016-06-10-09-17-55.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-10-09-17-55.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 0
Back