belkin router not responding.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have a similar problem setting up my belkin router. Just lately, the ip address has changed from the usual 192.... to 210.... address.. I have been looking through the forum and some people mentioned this could be the WAN ip address and not the ip address but I did go into ipconfig /all and it shows the following:

ip address: 210......
subnet:255.255.255.0
DNS:210....

(sorry for the incomplete details as i couldn't remember the details)

Anyway, the internet is working but not the router or its default page. As a result, I can't access the belkin's gateway...

I have windows xp pro. Please help be to regain my belkin's gateway back.....

Thanks

p.s. I am fed up with this DHCP, which keeps on changing my ip address, which is fine if it works but most of the times, there seem to be conflicts. I am thinking of using static ip address...

piano0011 said:
p.s. I am fed up with this DHCP, which keeps on changing my ip address, which is fine if it works but most of the times, there seem to be conflicts. I am thinking of using static ip address...

While I am not exactly sure what is causing your issue. I do know from experience with a wireless cable router that setting it to a static IP caused me more problems than DHCP. Matter of fact I could not even get it working when set to static.

Difficult to help you without the Belkin model number.
You need to read through the online Belkin manual, and setup guide, if you have lost the one that came in the box.
Perhaps it will be best for you to setup your Belkin using the Belkin install disc.

the Belkin default address is 192.168.2.1
place this in your Browser URL address and hit <enter>
You should get the login for user/password

if not, use the RESET button on the back; hold for 10 sec and let the device
restart
-- then use the IP addess above to access the router CONFIG page(s).

DHCP is the best solution UNLESS you actually purchase a static IP from your ISP.

What impacts most users the the typical RELEASE/RENEW (R/R) cycle initiated by the
ISP --
sometime as frequently as once/24 hours.

*MANY* routers need firmware updates to survive the R/R update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back