BenQ 22" Vista 8800GTS 512 no native res..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I have been on Google for hours and I am not having much luck.

I just built a new system. I have a fresh install of Vista Premium 32 bit loaded. I have installed all critical updates. I have install the Vista drivers for my BenQ FP222W H (Vista compatible) monitor. I have the latest nVidia drivers. I have the latest bios for my Asus mobo.

I cannot set the resolution past 1280x1024. The monitor's native resoultion is 1680x1050. Obviously there is some communication problem between my monitor and the GPU but I cannot figure out what that is. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as what other steps I can take to troubleshoot? Thank you.

System Specs
MB:Asus P5N-E SLI VGA:EVGA 8800GTS 512MB G92 Cooling:Air cooled
CPU:Intel E6750 @ 2.66 OS:Vista Premium 32bit Monitor:BenQ FP222W H
Memory:2GB OCZ REAPER PC2 6400 Sound:Sound Blaster Audigy SE Browser:IE7
HD:Raptor 150gb PSU:pC Power & Cooling 610w Misc:

---UPDATE 12-29-07 - I hooked up my 20.1" BenQ FP202W monitor and was able to set the resolution to 1680x1050. So this is some sort of compatibility issue between this Monitor and GPU and Drivers? I'd really like to solve this because my 22" is much nicer for gaming :0

When I slide the resoultion to 1680x1050 and hit apply, the screen goes black for 15 sec and then back to the old resoultion. It's like it's changing but cannot be dispalyed.

This happened to me with Vista. The same exact thing. It's been awhile now. I run a 22" Viewsonic. If I remember right, after downloading drivers for that monitor, it worked. I had to download (Viewsonic) drivers. I had my NVidia drivers made current too, as you have.

Well I have monitor drivers from Driver Guide and it lists my monitor properly in device manager, I've really run out of ideas.

If your monitor came with a drivers disc, try it. Also, in 'device manager' does it say "generic plug n play monitor'? Or does it have the make and model of your BenQ?

I used the drivers off of my cd for my monitor. Listed in device manager it does not say "Generic". It says BenQ FP222W H (Digital).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back