best anti-virus detection programs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonrbarth

well this can be a matter of openion but what is the best anti virus out right now?

I currently use mcafee av 8.0 pro and it does its job, but im looking for something more. anyone know?

thanks.

Thanks for that link RealBlackStuff, that comparitive article is great. I'd actually been looking for some sort of comparison like that and couldn't find it.

Unfortunately there are 2 characteristics it doesn't cover that I feel are also important. First would be virus definition update response times. While it may be safe to assume that AV's with better definition libraries probably update the fastest, its still an assumption. The other would be system performance during real time scanning. I've used AVX in the past and was horribly disappointed when I had to wait minutes after putting in a CD as it'd want to scan the whole contents first. I've also found that Symantec averages about 28MB RAM footprint, eTrust 7.1 averages about 33MB RAM foot print and AVG averages about 17MB footprint.

If anyones got information about performance for the Kaspersky AV and F-Secure, please post.

Internet Explorer Is Best-Not FireFox.

I Am Wondering What Is so great about firefox? internet explorer
will work fine for you if you adjust the settings and use some basic common sense. i admit there's alot of holes in ie-but i tried firefox i wasn't impressed.
i used firefox on other computers and still feel the same. is there anyone
that agress with me?

Thread title. best anti-virus detection programs??

Have you accidently posted in the wrong thread?

The reason I ask is your subject doesn`t seem to have anything to do with the topic lol.

Anyway.

Internet Explorer Is Best-Not FireFox.

I think you`ll find a lot of members on these boards would have to disagree.

Firefox is far more likely to keep your system secure than I.E. It also has a lot more features, and can be customised to suit your tastes.

Unlike I.E if you don`t like it, you can uninstall it. I wish I could get rid of I.E just as easily.

i admit there's alot of holes in ie

How does this make I.E better than Firefox?

is there anyone that agress with me?

I`m sure you will find people who will agree with you, but not me :p

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back