TechSpot

Best/ backup/ ghost/ mirror Hard drive

By kesler
Sep 11, 2007
  1. Still looking for the safest software to create my backups and os from 1 hd to another?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

And "safest" means what?

Why do you think one poduct would be less "safe" than other? Of all those that you have tried this far, what do you find lacking?

3. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

And what do you want to back up? Just data files or an image of the whole drive? Do you need incremental backups?, automated backups?

4. kesler

kesler TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 54

Data files and image. I have not tried any of them. I have just been reading about them. I guess I mean ease of use .

5. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

For data files I would recommend Genie Backup Manager - there is a free download from their site. The freebie is missing a few goodies such as incremental backup but this is in the pukka edition and works a treat. They have just released version 8 so make sure you get that one.
    For imaging the best is probably Norton Ghost - no freebies available, I'm afraid. Purchase on line from Symantec.

6. tob-tob

tob-tob TS Rookie

There are 3rd party software, which allows to make different types of backups, backup specific files and folders, backup the hole drive, clone hd and so on. I use Acronis True Image. If you are looking for a freeware then True Image has a free trial ver.
    I use it for making different backups from my work files to the hole drive.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.