Best Brand Name Psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynesy

hey guys,
i was just wondering, what is the best brand PSU to get, im looking at between 300W-400W depending on price
cheers
hynesy

The best brand name PSU is PC Power&cooling, they are the rolls royce of PSU's and are priced accordingly. after that the next best is the Antec NEO series performs almost as well as the PCP&C at half the price. after that there is the antec truePower series.

and no the PSU you have linked in your post is not a good PSU.

Good brands according to me include Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ Powerstream, PC Power & Cooling, Fortron FSP & Enermax. I used to use an AntecTruepower PSU before I bought my current one and it was rock solid for the 3 years I used it. It now runs in my Dad's PC with a 2.8 GHz P4 and a 6600GT without any problems.

thanks Rage, i will take that into consideration when deciding which brand to buy. :)
cheers
hynesy

I agree with ISS, PCP&C is known to be the best there is, but they are simply too much money for most people (inlcuding me)

i too will vouch for the Antec TruePowerII series PSUs. I have an Antec TPII 380. solid amperage, stable voltage, and priced low enough to be affordable :)

My personal favorite is Antec, but the other brands mentioned are good ones as well. (thermaltake's high end models are good, but they have had some crap ones too, so be careful)

another brand to consider is SeaSonic, I would put them right under PCP&C. I have read that the Antec Neo series PSUs are made by the same company that makes seasonic PSUs.

cheers :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back