Best burning software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

Best burning software?

I have Roxio 5 that came with my computer. I would like to get a more reliable software.

Any suggestions?

I'd say any Nero in the 5.5.x range. That Nero 6 just seems unnecessarly scary 188 Megs for 6, and just 12.8 for 5.5.10.28.

SNGX, Nero 6.3 - the copy you get off nero.com - is 23M.

I don't use anything other than Nero (except for small, like sneakernet stuff - where I use the Windows embedded CD burner)

And I also use Alcohol 120% to burn images - but that's essentially Nero ;)

Nero 6.3, hands-down.

Versatility, power and a pretty, intuitive interface. :) What more could you ask for?

Wolf a word of warning I posted this elswhere .I love Nero 6.3
Do yourself a favour ,download the driver cleanup tools at Nero and use them after you uninstall Roxio Before you load Nero .
It will save you some grief. Trust me!

Advice to Nero . . an Email,

Dear Michael Silvertone,

My consumer advice to you and Nero, if you consider it seriously, could save the company and your financial well being.

Nero used to be an excellent lean mean dream machine.

Today*s Nero is an overstuffed time consuming, CPU exhausting cumbersome hog. Like Apple ads vs MS.

When CoolBeans slide graph showed in the red because Nero Scout, [nmbgserver.exe] was hogging 99% of CPU capacity,
I had to promptly remove the the whole Nero suite. Too bad because the installation was looong and time consuming,
not to mention. . *HUGE*.

Try not to be offended. I want you and Nero to win. Reactive emotional reactions are for children. Adults like you and I
simply decide if something is truly faulty or not. If it is, then it simply has to be made into a winner again.

You probably agree that a majority of Nero users also use the Firefox Browser. Firefox has a tendency to expand it*s
CPU demands to 98% and one has to clear it with a re-start to lower those CPU demands.

You can see how BIG Nero demands on the CPU can not fly. People are not ever going to give up on their Firefox Browser.

My advice here is true and honest. A more streamlined version of Nero would be very welcome. It does not need to do
absolutly *everything* . Maybe modules could be selected for specific interests. 1. [images & scans ] 2. [Audio & Music]
3. [ Files & programs] etc.

BTW, Yes, I would welcome a new lean and very desirable version of Nero. . . Nero Light? = TG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back