Best cheap 22" monitor

By Technochicken
Dec 31, 2008
  1. I'm about to get a new monitor to replace my 15 inch piece of junk, and i'm looking at these two.

I will be buying from tiger direct, because i have 50 bucks off my next purchase there. I am leaning toward the viewsonic, because of the higher resolution, and also it has a 30 dollar rebate, but the acer is a little bigger, and my friend has one, so i know the picture is pretty good. Any suggestions would be great, and thanks in advanced.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

The Viewsonic is the way to go... I just love my Samsung SyncMaster 245bw ;)
  3. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 729

Great, thanks.
  4. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

I just purchased a samsung 2233bw and its really fantastic
  5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

I personally favor Samsung monitors. If I need a cheap-ish LCD that will perform very nicely, I trust Samsung to deliver on that. If you can find one for around the price of those screens, you won't be disappointed (unless you get one of those new-ish ones with the wobbly base :().
  6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

geez Metal,
    where were ya 4 days ago when i got the "newish one with the wobbly base" :D, great picture though, wouldnt trade it
  7. Drowsiness

Drowsiness TS Rookie Posts: 41

One thing about the ViewSonic... you will absolutely HATE the blur caused by their "dynamic contrast ratio" feature. In games, in movies... it's just ugly.

I got rid of my VS monitor because of it and went with an AOC 2230FA (22").

Good luck on your purchase. :)
  8. nes83

nes83 TS Rookie Posts: 20 best place to check out your new equipment before you get it (well err monitors etc)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.